Saturday 22 November 2008

Kitchen Upgrades on a Budget!

If I had loads of money, I'd completely remodel the kitchen but since I don't...

I just decided to do some painting and refinishing and put up some much needed shelf space.

This was the kitchen when I bought the house...


The countertops were in terrible condition - they had burned spots on them and I didn't care for the color on them.

The cabinets were also white and had ugly hardware on them that prevented 2 of the drawers from opening properly...


They all actually sag toward the left which makes me crazy but is not correctable until they are totally replaced so I just have to deal with it.


Also, as you can see, there are no upper cabinets anywhere in the kitchen which makes for some serious storage challenges...

First, I painted the cabinets and put on new hardware...




Then, I sanded and refinished the countertop...


This was done by priming, using 3 different paint colors with a sponge roller and then polyurethaning the heck out of it!





No comments: